Best Stud Finder: Walabot DIY
You’ve been searching high and low for the best stud finder. Amazon has lots to choose from, and there are plenty of others at home improvement stores. But some features can be confusing, and some devices seem to offer a lot more than others, backed by the latest technology to up their game. The Walabot DIY is one of the most popular, emerging as a solution for plumbers, electricians, carpenters, and homeowners alike, who want to see through walls so they know what they’re getting into before they drill. But is it really the best wall scanner on the market? Let’s take a closer look at why this affordable option is receiving positive attention from media outlets like The New York Times, BBC News, and Fox.
What Is the Walabot DIY?
The Walabot DIY is a cutting-edge wall scanner that takes stud finder technology to the next level. Capable of “seeing” up to four inches into walls, it uses radio frequency technology to provide users with the location of studs, plumbing pipes, electric wires, and other objects hiding inside walls. Besides showing stationery items, Walabot DIY is the best stud finder for walls especially since it’s Maps large wall areas & save the images for later analysis of what’s inside your walls.
How Does this Stud Finder Work?
The Walabot DIY stud finder isn’t an actual X-ray unit. The tool itself is a sensor that is attached to the back of a compatible phone. You then need to download the free Walabot DIY app from the App store or Google Play for it to work. Once connected, you simply scan the Walabot DIY over the area in question to produce a visual image of what is behind the wall. It works on concrete walls and drywall and is capable of penetrating up to 4 inches of insulation. Walabot DIY stud finder app is the most popular, emerging as a solution for plumbers, electricians, carpenters, and homeowners alike, who want to see through walls so they know what they’re getting into before they drill. But is it really the best wall scanner on the market? Let’s take a closer look at why this affordable option is receiving positive attention from media outlets like The, BBC News, Fox, Today show, popular mechanics and more. Walabot DIY is the best budget-friendly wall scanner for locating wood studs, metal studs, metal and PVC plumbing pipes, electric wires, and cables. When properly calibrated following the manufacturer’s instructions, this handy tool takes the guesswork out of many tasks and prevents accidents that could cause serious damage or injury.
How to Use the Walabot DIYBe sure that you have a compatible phone. Walabot DIY, DIY Plus and DIY Plus X work with a dedicated app and an Android phone running version 9.0 or above with USB On-the-Go (OTG). Walabot DIY 2 requires an iPhone 7 or higher/ Android phone running v9.0 or above.
- Start by watching Walabot DIY ‘What’s the Drill’ series to see what Walabot DIY can do.
- Now that you’re ready, download the Walabot DIY app to your phone.
- Next, using the micro USB cord the Walabot DIY comes with, connect the Walabot DIY to your phone.
- Choose the wall type you’ll be working on – drywall or concrete.
- Calibrate the Walabot DIY using the instructions outlined by the manufacturer. This takes about 30 seconds or less and needs to be done every time you use the device.
- Choose a viewing mode from the menu on your phone’s screen.
Types of Modes:
- Images Mode – This real-time imaging shows a clear picture of where objects are located within your wall. If you are looking for pests such as mice, rats, or termites inside the walls, this mode will reveal them. It’s also good for seeing studs, wires, pipes, and other items behind the wall.
- Expert Mode – This mode displays images of raw signals from the Walabot sensor unit. It’s ideal for finding a stud’s center and edges. If you are hanging shelves, cabinets, or other objects that need support from a stud, this is the best mode to use. You can also use it to trace the path of a wire or pipe along the wall.