Walabot: The Best Stud Finder App
See Studs, Pipes, Wires Beams & More Behind Your Wall
Perhaps you’ve used a stud finder for walls, only to find yourself confused at the beeps, the lights, or the symbols that the gadget uses to indicate that you’ve located a wall stud on which to hang your shelves, cabinets, heavy artwork, or that brand-new TV you can’t wait to watch. There’s good news for pros and intrepid DIYers alike: Some stud finder apps are better than old-fashioned stud finders. Thanks to cutting-edge technology, this one can even see through walls.
Why Use Walabot Stud Finder App?
If you’ve tried to learn how to use a stud finder with no luck or a lot of false positives, you’re definitely not alone. A standard wood stud finder typically looks for simple obstructions inside walls, meaning that it sounds off or flashes its lights whenever it locates anything at all. This could be metal ductwork, pipes, electrical conduit, or those elusive studs. Walabot DIY is one of the best stud finder apps available, thanks to its ability to differentiate and prevent you from making a messy, costly, or even dangerous mistake.
How the Walabot Stud Finder App Works
Walabot Stud Finder App Modes
Walabot Pan Mode
Lets users map their walls. It provides an overview of everything hidden behind the wall’s exterior.
Users can easily determine where best to hang objects, install cables, or even install new electric features such as lights and fans.
Walabot Image Mode
Provides real-time images of items inside walls as the Walabot device passes over them.
Items are color-coded and labeled for easy identification, i.e. “wood stud” or “wire or pipe.”
Walabot Expert Mode
Expert Mode allows you to detect intersections of Pipes, Wires, Studs and more.
This mode is also a great tool to follow the path of the object, and even track movement in your wall and easily determine the location of troublesome household pests.
See What’s Behind Your Walls
To get started with your project, simply pass the Walabot over your work area and locate the number of studs needed to hang your object(s) safely or complete another task.
Mark the location of the studs with a pencil, and then proceed with your project.
You’ll be able to work without worry: Once you’ve found the wall studs and determined where to place your fasteners, you can hang up those shelves or that TV with complete confidence.
There are other uses for the Walabot DIY. Thanks to its ability to eliminate guesswork, it can be used to help locate the best position to install lights and fans without damaging ceilings and walls, and it is ideal for installing network cables, too. Having the ability to locate embedded objects speeds up many home improvement tasks while helping prevent costly, unnecessary repairs caused by inaccuracy.
Walabot is budget-friendly and easy to use. Thanks to its ability to provide real-time imaging, it is ideal for contractors, electricians, plumbers, remodelers, and everyday people who want to make DIY projects easier by finding wall studs and other objects accurately.
Ready to see through walls?
Best Stud Finder App
Tips for Using the Walabot Stud Finder App
- Read all the fine print on the app before you get started.
- Watch the Walabot DIY tutorials and review any additional materials, such as the free DIY guides that come with the Walabot device.
- Grab a pencil before you get started with your DIY stud finding project, so that you don’t have to stop in the middle.
- Select “concrete” or “drywall” when prompted to do so.
- Calibrate the Walabot as directed by passing it over the wall’s surface in a circular motion. The app normally takes less than 30 seconds to calibrate and will notify you when the Walabot is ready to use. Because surfaces have different features and can vary in thickness, the Walabot needs to be re-calibrated before every use. This ensures accuracy and helps make your current project a success.
- When the Walabot is ready, start scanning your wall. Set the app to map mode and smoothly pass the unit over the wall’s surface to identify where the studs are located. The app will tell you how many studs it has detected in the area you have mapped.
- Next, switch to images mode. This will provide you with a closer look at the stud(s) you want to work on. Toggling to raw mode will allow you to adjust the scanner’s intensity so that you can easily view the stud’s edge. When you have identified the stud’s edges, you will be able to locate its center, so that you can fasten items as securely as possible.
- Use your pencil to make small marks when you locate the area you want to work on. You can mark hazards if you like, or you can re-check just before drilling/nailing. Remember that you can use this stud finder app to take screenshots for future reference, too.